Friday, August 10, 2012

Smokers pencil.

Drew Smokers pencil on the top of the sketch. I really like it for sketching in Beta sketchbook by Stillman & Birn, lines are dry and light, pencil is pleasantly heavy in your hand. Here I drew it with help of Kuretake pens and white pen. Paper is taking my washes so well, I use both sides of Beta and nothing is leaking. Here is the link to my previous post a year ago, when I got this pencil and did research on it. It is really useful for smokers for pipe and cigars. For me it is another travel in time.

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Lovely sketch with the touches of red and blue, Nikira. I assume this means you found the proper lead to use in the pencil?

Nikira said...

Honestly I don't remember, CrimsonLeaves, I think I was able to stick in one of the very old 1.18. Because it is pretty hard, like most of very old 1.18. It still smells like tobacco, when you pull sharp stem out. I like how this lead jerks on Stillman & Birn sketchbook paper, leaving stray dots and scratchy lines.
Last page on previous post was done with Smokers pencil.