Monday, August 13, 2012

Emmons Avenue.

Emmons is a very popular street in Brooklyn, full of restaurants, night clubs, cars, people, small shopping malls. It is located at the Canal, where boats coming, you could enjoy marina, take a boat trip to Manhattan, buy fresh fish from fishermen (I personally never did, because I am afraid of bones and fish scales and get fillet only).  Cuisine is from all over the world: Greek, Japanese, Italian, Chinese, Azerbaijan, French, British pub, Russian, American, Thai, Turkish, Siam, Mediterranean, I can't probably name all of it, because I didn't try it all, I am not much for eating out but rather take it home.
It is amazing for sketching, which I did many times from the car and private piers. This time it is a view from the side of Siam restaurant ( I didn't like their famous soup, but liked salad with  caramelized shrimps). I used ink and touch of Kuretake Twins on Winsor & Newton wonderful paper.

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Beautiful outdoor cafe you've done, Nikira. I personally love Turkish food but do not like seafood at all. To me it tastes the way it smells and I just don't care for the textures either.

Nikira said...

Thank you very much, CrimsonLeaves. I love many different cuisines, and seafood too except oysters and scary looking things. And I like to try new dishes and form feelings towards it. Than I can create memories and have nice idea for drawing. :-)