Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Sketches in Beta sketchbook.

Quick sketches at the Union meeting. I start using Beta book, even wanted to leave it for ink wash and watercolor, but because I almost finished Gamma, I need something for everyday, for travel.
I thought I was pretty discrete and no one can see what I am doing, but I was unpleasantly surprised when guys approached me afterwards and asked to show sketchbook and asked me to draw their boss, may not the boss but really important man. So I will have to, probably soon.
Here on a train, trying to put to work my amazing Smoker's pencil, British, so charming, with the round end to press tobacco in the pipe and a sharp blade to pierce cigars, I think. I will draw it soon.

4 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

I so love imagining you doing these pieces on the train, Nikira. I'm surprised if this is the first time someone approached you about doing a commission after seeing you sketching away on the train. Love the profile with the addition of brown ink. Just exquisite!

Sandra Busby said...

What a fabulous selection of sketches :0)

Nikira said...

Thank you very much CrimsonLeaves, I cherish every opportunity to sketch. This situation happened on the meeting, not mine, just visit to pay for someone. I don't think they will pay me for drawing. Its OK. On the train people don't see what I am doing, I cut piece of black plastic to cover parts of the page. :-)

Nikira said...

Thank you very much Sandra! I think it is such toning exercise. :-)