Friday, November 25, 2011

Onteora church.

Built in 188something, I think. It is not far from us, walking distance. Overlooking arboretum, breathtaking view of the mountains. Built from stone. Onteora is an indian name for Catskills.  In 1883 Onteora Park was founded by rich New Yorkers as a private summer retreat, many famous artists and writers been and sketched there. I found very interesting publication online, newspaper The Critic  from 1898, an illustrated monthly review of Arts, Literature and Life. So cool!
I used Dr. Martin's Ink and my newest invention portable brush, because my travel Windsor and Newton brush broke while finishing Aubele's drawing.

6 comments:

ChristyP said...

Well, you've outdone yourself on this holiday long weekend!! Simply beautiful. I will study it careful for clues to improvement.
Like Jan, I found JetPens because of you. I have ordered an embarrassing amount of things - pens, pens, pen, plus wonderful cases. I told them they should give you yours for free. ALso, His Nibs - I told him too that you were the advertisement that led me to him.
Congrats too on Las Pitahayas en las Artes Plasticas too!

Magical Daydream said...

I just stumbled upon your blog and I just have to tell you: Wow you are really talented!

x

Marielle

Sadeu said...

I have really enjoyed your latest works, Nikira : )

Nikira said...

Thank you Christy, I was looking at this stone church for years, we pass it on the way home. About JetPens, love them, no one else have what they have, real spirit of Japan. Glad you'll draw with their pens. And HisNibs also carries wonderful pens and not expensive. Thank you for recommendation. :)

Nikira said...

Thank you very much Marielle. :-) Your blog is so charming. Love polka dots.

Nikira said...

Thank you very much Sadeu. :-)