Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Apples.

My husband picked this bitten by the frost very energetic apples from the apple tree near our driveway. Last time he did 5 minutes fruit preserve recipe he learned as a teenager in sports camps. It was delicious with tea. Now he picked the whole box.
So I decide to draw it to appreciate its wild  tough beauty. And also I have a nostalgic memory about autumn apples from the book of Iris Murdoch I read many years ago. How I was longing in my Moscow apartment for that apple smell  and lonely walks on the seashore.

4 comments:

Sadeu said...

a very beautiful watercolors and drawings, I like, Niki

Nikira said...

Thank you very much Sadeu, I looked at your work, you are great artist. :-)

Jane said...

I've been checking your blog, and I love what you do.
Beautiful still-life. Have a nice day.

Nikira said...

Thank you very much Jane, really appreciate it. I looked at your watercolors, wonderful, glad to meet you. :-)