Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Filling out my Stillman & Birn Gamma sketchbook with pencil sketches.

Subway. I liked that guy who eat his breakfast in the Subway, a bit awkwardly, looking at people from time to time, I like his striped shorts.
Was trying to sketch moving pencil in different angles to prevent cliche impressions, trying to see abstract shapes and use negative spaces. Very fast,  because situation changed at every station .
Chilling at Upper East Side of the City, looking at the river, doves, children, dogs, trying my art tools in Stillman & Birn Gamma sketchbook.

Sketches on a Subway on the way home.  It was a tough looking man with the bike near doors. Suddenly he start talking to me in different language,  may be Portuguese , I didn't understand, it felt aggressive. I shook my head in "No" gesture. Some random lady suddenly translated to me, it was in Spanish, that he likes my drawings, beautiful, very good.  What an exposure. I mumbled "Gracias" completely bewildered and missed on sketching adorable baby in blue stripy swimming suit with funny looking curly father in a hat. May be I should draw them from memory?

No comments: