Sunday, July 15, 2012

Driveway in Long Island.

Went hoping to get some work, end up shyly eyeballing this pretty old car in the corner of some random driveway. Drew from the car, finished home. This 2 cars had their own story, old and modern, connected and incompatible, like us, people.
I really enjoyed ink puddles and drippings. Finding desirable ink it is like coming home. I added red ochre Kuretake and blue Faber-Castell Durer pencil. One day I want to get a bunch of Durer pencils. Now I have 3.

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Nikira, you sure set a pretty table (below) and I always love old cars. This piece is exquisite too.

Nikira said...

Thank you very much CrimsonLeaves! Cars are so attractive. Can't pass them on the street, especially old. :-) Today wasted 6 pages on Subway sketches!