Sunday, November 3, 2013

November 1 sketches.


I sketched in Starbucks, it was nice to sink in a comfortable chair and I was seeking a minute of silence. Some people who sat near me start taking to me, about unusual warm fall, than about their problems. One really cute guy with a wing of a blond hair, falling on his forehead, first asked me to watch his coffee while he got his bag, than complained about his pain and pills he needs to take, and from being tired to stay alone at home. His eyes were light blue with thin red outlines, pain lives that red. I felt very bad. He didn't need to hear me, but just someone to listen to him.

I felt very fragile that day, because of my problems with the project, I am doing. But meeting few strangers, who I will never see again, hearing them, caring, liking them, restore my strength, because every one of us can do something to make others feel better, to change the world, to give a smile, to say a word.

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Somehow I missed this post! I am so glad you got to take a few moments for yourself at Starbucks. You were in the right place at the right time to make that young man feel better too. Nice to take our mind off our own problems and make someone else feel better about theirs. I thank you for that!

Nikira said...

Thank you, CrimsonLeaves. I hope I did something, I don't know, for that young man. I still remember his eyes. We should smile more, for real, it may help others to deal with their struggles.