Wednesday, May 1, 2013

April 30 is my birthday.

Usually I have tiny moments of sadness, that I got older and many people who I loved are not with me anymore, but today was very different birthday, spent in leisure and pleasure. I drew, I spent the day  talking to my friends, my fun was planned for me, I love every moment, I got amazing presents, was spoiled, loved, taken out to a wonderful restaurant. I wish every day would be my Birthday. I am very thankful to my little girl, to my wonderful daughter, who makes every day of my life the happiest.
This is upside down Makloubeh, was so delicious Mediterranean dish.
We took Künefe home, it was hot and delicious with honey and rose water syrup. And french pastries and strawberry tart.

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Belated very happy birthday to you, Nikira!! Your kitchen looks gorgeous, by the way. Worth all the work and waiting. Is Kunefe the same thing as baklava? Sounds and looks similar.

Nikira said...

Thank you very much, CrimsonLeaves! We love our kitchen when dreams we had came into life, have to show you 2 blue antiqued hutches on the other side with copper. I have some stuff to finish there and no chairs yet. :) Kunefe is very different from Baklava, it is made from shredded dough with sweet cheese inside and softened with rose water syrup and may be touch of honey. You have ti try it, it has to be eaten hot, freshly baked. :)