Saturday, May 11, 2013

Apple dumplings.

We decide to order Apple dumplings, (whole apple baked into dough), which we didn't do for years, even we loved them and use to order pretty often in past, in good times, when we had house full of friends. People knew my name in the bakery, remembered me, laughed when I asked, pretty pretty please! They don't bake it if not ordered.  I came to pick up in the old place and they are not there anymore. So I found them in the new location, they said they are there for at list 3 years, if not more.
I still shared with friends, sent some to one friend's home, brought in for a sick friend, invited a new friend.  Not because I am too kind, but because it extend the pleasure. Fun.
Especially fun to draw it. I used ink and Kuretake pens. Could not find my fat white pencil for the powder, so used white pen.

Song to go with by Raphael Gualazzi, remixed.

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Lovely and sounds delicious too!

Nikira said...

Thank you very much, CrimsonLeaves! It is my favorite, my grandmother use to bake it, whole apple inside the dough. I am playing with splashes, really like to experiment with that, but still feel my hands too stiff. :-)