Monday, November 19, 2012

Autumn truck and Liza.

For some reason I decide to try really strange very smooth paper, I have in the corner of my room, probably feeling bad to get rid of it by simply throwing it away, because it doesn't look useful for my ink technique. Instead I was struggling with stubborn surface, trying to move ink, and if felt wet and cold and lonely and I missed my warm car. I used ink and Kuretake.

Here is a photo of Liza Queenie in her charming fat days. She was adorable.

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

This piece doesn't have the warmth of your usual work, Nikira, but I still love it. You captured cold and wet beautifully and I hope you'll do more pieces on this paper. I'm interested to see what you can do. Liza is indeed adorable!

Nikira said...

Thank you CrimsonLeaves, same ink getting absorbed by this super smooth paper become cold and unhappy, but I already cut 3 more pieces, so have to think what to do on it. May be less wash, more linear?