Sunday, November 25, 2012

Aftermath Sandy.

This is Brooklyn street, the way I saw it one evening, when I went to walk my little dog, empty, dark, abandoned, sliced by headlights  of cars occasionally passing by, with glistening mud and broken glass under my feet. It use to be full of life and lit up in the evening, with dogs barking and people chatting on the porches. It was flooded by hurricane Sandy.
Sorry, if it looks too abstract. I wanted to show it broken in pieces of light and dark, with fear and uncertainty I felt at a moment.
I used ink, Kuretake pens and salt on Fabriano Artistico paper.

4 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

You have captured your emotions brilliantly, Nikira.

Nikira said...

Thank you very much, CrimsonLeaves. I think too many negative emotions.

Clare said...

Your 'Abstract' broken pieces of what was once a lively neighbourhood realistically portrays the aftermath of the disaster to those of us who have not experieced the devastation.

Nikira said...

Thank you, Clare, somehow this textures and cutouts is the most scariest impressions of that scene. I am scraping up for positive signs in my life to be able to come back to normal.