Sunday, September 23, 2012

Staten Island.

Always fascinated by the trees. Here was totally charmed by this big tree taking up the whole street view. Bright red hydrant adding finishing touch. I drew it first in watercolor (my Shin-Gansai from Japan), than washed it off and inked on the top. I used some amazingly strong paper, I think Winsor and Newton, it sanded off my brushes and now they lost points and I have to throw it out, which is very painful for me. Staten Island is pretty cute in many parts, just paying $13 bucks for a toll is unpleasant.

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

I am always awed by your drawing skills Nikira, but the colors in this one are especially gorgeous!

Nikira said...

Thank you very much, CrimsonLeaves! Shin-Gansai is awesome watercolor, I washed it of and inked over. :-)