Saturday, June 16, 2012

New Utrecht Ave Station.

This charming old train station with green balls looked utterly uninhabited and even dangerous, when I showed up there visiting someone by foot. But adorable green balls and little stained glass decorations created some mysterious aura, so pleasurable for drawing, so I did, despite few strange men in old car asking me for my cell to make a call, and I gave it, feeling weird; one guy, looking a bit italian, in his thirties, he was silent, listening to something on my phone, but my first respond is to trust people, people are good by nature.
So it was all good, I was left alone and I have this drawing as a memory of that day. Diamine ink, couple of Kuretake pens and drop of watercolor for the sky.

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Another exquisite beauty, Nikira. Thank you for the explanation on your background. I hate to think of myself as nosy because I leave people to their business. But at the same time I am definitely curious. People are endlessly fascinating! I love the uniqueness of this beautiful old station building! Green balls and stained glass? A wonderful combination!

Nikira said...

Thank you very much CrimsonLeaves, you are right, so many interesting people around us and it is fascinating to learn about them, not to miss it.
It could be very interesting to do series on Brooklyn train stations, each with unique character, I wish I will be more free to be committed. :-)