Saturday, May 5, 2012

Sketches in the hospital.

I spent a day in the hospital with my friend, who undergo very serious operation.  We came at 5 in the morning, so most people in the waiting room fell asleep. I am happy it went well and better than expected and I will have my friend back in better health.
I drew with Palomino Blackwing 602 in Stillman&Birn sketchbook.
Used watercolor Durer pencil here. Some people brought computers or Ipads, but I am still resisting Iphone, trying to devote my time to my only love, drawing.
I add few color accents here and there to pencil sketches with little fat Muji multi color pen. Adorable pen, I first heard about it from Lapin.
Towards the end of the day people felt happier, because they heard good news from the doctors, operations were over, everybody waited for their love ones to wake up in recovery room.

Here drawings on A train, I was standing and it was shaking pretty badly, so lines a little more loose. I decide to put to work "The perfect pencil" by Faber Castell, the plastic version, because obviously I can't afford  Graf Von for $500, which probably has useful sharpener and feels amazing in the hand. I was pretty happy how a bit hard pencil was gliding on juicy Stillman&Birn Gamma sketchbook paper. Union made in heaven. No smudges.
So this how I survived the day which shook me to the core.

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Well you sure made good use of your time and I'm sure it helped a bit to keep you from sitting and worrying too. Your sketches are always phenomenal, Nikira!

Nikira said...

Thank you very much CrimsonLeaves, it really helped me to keep calm and live through that very uneasy day.