Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Earthquake.

Today was really serious earthquake, it felt horrible in our building, it was swaying like a cardboard doll house. Slanted floors. I know, I am used to work on high scaffolds and I know how it feels to balance on moving surfaces, how to hold on with your toes.
We run out, I sent my daughter first and could not remember how to put  my shoes on, unbuckle. So many people were downstairs, some in robes, scared, wondering what just happened.
I often say how we have to look at our lives from a distance, from above and think what is really matters, what we doing and what we want. And that we shouldn't wait for something bad to happened to help us understand who we are and why we are here.                                            

7 comments:

Serena Lewis said...

I'm glad you're okay...it must have been so scary!

Unknown said...

How frightening for you! Am glad that you are ok.

Nikira said...

Thank you very much dear friends, it was pretty shocking, thankfully no one got hurt, we still shaken but going on with our lives. Back to drawing. :-)

Kelly said...

Yikes, that must have been frightening. I am so glad you are okay.
Hugs adn blessings.

Christy P said...

Living in Southern California, we think we get used to these shaky things but it always is scary. Very glad you are alright - and hope your daughter was not too frightened. Thanks again for your inspiring work!

Zoe, ontheroad said...

Glad to hear all is back to normal.

Stirrings here but not very serious.

Nikira said...

Thank you very much Kelly, Christy and Zoe for your kind words, I am really touched. It is all good even I find it hard to trust that building is unharmed and safe after such an experience. My legs hurt after running so fast from 11 floor, but it is only shows that I should walk more, not sit and draw. :-) I love California but I will be too afraid to live there. I thought again about people in Japan, how scary it was for so many of them.