Thursday, November 25, 2010

First spread in brown book.

I came back to the first page, drew even on a book's jacket. This tree was gleaming in the night on the Gas station on the way to college, I had few extra minutes because I came to early, so I put Ipod on loud and had fun. Amazing Lynn Chapman said that one of the tricks to start  a day to dance for an hour (she was able for 10 minutes) before starting work ( in her case on book illustration) alone in a studio, to clear head and prepare yourself. I used to do it in my young oil painting days, when lived alone and wanted to paint for 16 hours a day. Anyway here trying different materials on this brown paper. Face doesn't look like me, but white acrylic goes on this thin paper.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Great sketches. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your shoe sketch in your banner! Welcome to the blog hop. If you have any questions please contact me as I moderate it.
Hugs and blessings

Nikira said...

Thank you very much, Kelly. I have so much to read and explore on your site and Blog Hop. :-)