Sunday, January 6, 2013

Bentley.

This Bentley, I believe from 1984-1990, called "Bentley mulsanne turbo R", was damaged by the ocean, during the hurricane Sandy. It was standing on our block for a longest time, elegant corpse with winged "B" on its front. Was wondering whats story its hiding, how it happened to be here, I didn't see it before. Every time I passed by, it stopped me with its mysterious loneliness, till I realized I have to draw it. I used ink and bits of Kuretake on Arches pad with hot pressed paper. Very hard to move ink on it, realized, not happy with this paper.

4 comments:

looseart said...

You did a great job on the car!! Mysterious story!!

Autumn Leaves said...

Brilliant work, despite the troubles with moving ink. What a gorgeous car and it is a shame that it was totaled by Sandy.

Nikira said...

Looseart, Thank you very much! I would never know the real story behind it. :-)

Nikira said...

Thank you very much, CrimsonLeaves, Sandy scraped not just our possessions but our hearts. Just today said hello to a guy, who during Sandy felt on wet steps in darkness and broke his little dog's spine and broke his hand. Their pain is ongoing. :(